- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup organic honey and agave nectar-dark (fill up 1/3 cup halfway with each…eyeballing it is fine)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- In a bowl, combine wet ingredients: pumpkin, honey, agave nectar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients (except chocolate).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate pieces. Batter will be thick.
- Preheat skillet with a small spoon full of coconut oil until melted. Spoon batter onto skillet, flattening with a spatula. Make pancakes about 3” in diameter (any larger and they will fall apart when flipped).
- Cook pancakes for 3-4 minutes, then flip over with spatula. Press down on pancakes with spatula until flat. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until firm and fully cooked.
- Remove pancakes from skillet, and enjoy! (Suggested toppings: sliced bananas with melted honey, cinnamon, or organic maple syrup!)
To download a printable PDF version of this recipe: pumpkinchocolatechunkpancake.pdf
Recipe by Pink and Paleo – http://pinkandpaleo.com/pumpkin-dark-chocolate-chunk-pancakes